[Note: students who want to use the Timeline to send targeted posts should contact Tom Dunne in ODUS to request the creation of a Timeline group.]
Groups you have permission to post to appear in the the My Groups sub-tab under Publish. You will need to contact the Timeline administrator if (1) you do not see the Publish tab (you do not have posting rights) or, (2) the group you want to create does not already exist as a Listserv list, or cannot be created through the Cognos process (see How-To: Creating a Group using Cognos reports).
- Contact the Timeline administrator.
- In the body of the email, specify the following:
- What name you want for the group.
- Who should own the group (probably, but not necessarily, you).
- Whether you want the group to be Open, Moderated or Closed. See the Glossary for a detailed discussion of Groups.
- Specify if you would like your list membership visibility to be Public or Private. Most groups are public.
- Explain the purpose of the group.
- Send the email.
- You should hear back in a day or two. If additional information is needed, or if there is a problem creating the group, you will be informed. Otherwise, the group will be created, and you can go into Timeline and add members to the group.
Once the group is created, then the owner(s)/administrator(s) of the group can add or remove members or administrators from the group. Please refer to the How-To: Manage a Group section for instructions on adding/removing/managing group members and administrators.